How Long Is the Waiting Period for Disability Benefits in Kentucky?
August 18, 2021 | Daniel Dewitt
Like anything, disability benefits can take time to process in Kentucky. But it's no fun constantly googling "how long is the waiting period for disability benefits in Kentucky?". It can seem like a never-ending puzzle, especially since official sources tell you that "Social Security doesn't have strict processing times for these claims."
You may feel as if you're living in limbo-land. Our plan today is to stop that. We'll shed some light on the matter and even suggest you some additional income sources to utilize while you're waiting for your disability claim to go through.
How Long Is the Waiting Period for Disability Benefits in the State of Kentucky?
First, let's give you some specific answers to your "how long is the waiting period for disability benefits in Kentucky" question.
Suppose your disability claim is still at the “application accepted” stage. In that case, you will most likely be waiting around 90 to 120 days before you receive a decision. However, it may take longer during the busier times.
The extensive fluctuation of processing times often depends on how long the examiner spends attempting to acquire your medical records from doctors, clinics, and hospitals. While you can't do much about this, it's best to ensure you provide 100% accurate information on your application regarding:
- The source of all medical treatments
- The dates of all medical treatments
- The names of treatment facilities, including addresses you've visited
If you're appealing your disability claim decision, it takes roughly 60 days to receive a decision. Typically, it's a simple repeat of the initial process, so it doesn't take long.
If your appeal is denied, you must file a hearing appeal. Sadly, the hearings have the longest wait time and vary depending on the hearing office. Kentucky has four offices, shown in the table below, along with their wait times, so you can gain an accurate answer to the "how long is the waiting period for disability benefits" query.
|Hearing Office||Wait Times for Disability Hearings|
Ways to Get Money While You're Waiting for Your Disability Benefits
Yes, the wait times and indeed the whole process are scary. So, it's only natural to worry about your financial situation during this time. But understand that you do have options! We'll tell you about the top 3 that can help get you out of unfavorable situations.
1. Try Other Types of Support
Kentucky residents like yourself can benefit from a wide array of other government support schemes, including:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) — For those with disabilities on low income and with scarce resources.
- Emergency Cash Assistance and Housing — For those who don't have enough money to pay their bills.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) — For those who need help paying for food.
- Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP) — For families with children that aids parents in finding work.
- Medicaid — Free health coverage for those on low to medium income.
2. Use a Disability Attorney to Speed Up the Process
If you don't qualify for any of the above, a disability attorney can help your benefit claim/appeal process run faster. In addition, they can assist in building a stronger claim to ensure you gain quicker approval than others without an attorney.
3. Online Payday Loans in Kentucky
Finally, if you have a time-sensitive financial problem like paying bills or funding urgent house repairs, online payday loans in Kentucky may be the optimal option for you. They are easy to apply for, and we work with all kinds of credit scores, offering people like you between $100 to $500 to fund their emergencies.
Follow these steps to get online payday loans in Kentucky today:
- Submit the quick cash online form found on our website. It takes roughly 5 minutes.
- One of our loan associates from your nearest Fast Payday Loans of Kentucky, LLC will call you to explain the process and explain the required items. We suggest asking any questions you have at this stage too. Although, if additional queries pop up along the way, you can always ask them later.
- Head to your closest Fast Payday Loans of Kentucky, LLC with the following documents:
- Your driver's license (other types of government-issued identification work too)
- Your most recent paystub as proof of income
- Your most recent bank statement
- A blank check from an active checking account open in your name
Begin the Online Payday Loans in Kentucky Process Now
Now that you know a more definite answer to your "how long is the waiting period for disability benefits in Kentucky" question, it’s up to you to decide how to utilize the wait time meanwhile. If you do choose to resort to online payday loans in Kentucky, Fast Payday Loans of Kentucky, LLC. will be more than happy to assist you with your request. Get in touch with us by phone at 800 – 514 – 2274 or submit a short online form for Kentucky payday loans on our website to get started.